New York Weddings Winter 2014 Cake Feature

Thursday, December 5, 2013

For the 2014 Winter issue of New York Weddings magazine we created a cake that had a distinct yet very familiar texture.  Can you guess where you've seen this cracked pattern?

When trying to come up with the ideas for this cake I happened to be at Home Depot.  I was looking through some ceiling light covers and thought...why not use the textured cover as a fondant embosser?!  Add some piped swags and here's how it turned out.

Here's a photo of the light cover:

2 comments:

Toluka Lake banquet hall said...

Beautiful cake! I had something very similar to this on my wedding and everyone loved it!

Stefansalvatore said...

Picture of cake you posted in this blog looks totally different from any other wedding cake i ever seen. I hope it will be tasty too..

Hawaii Weddings