Single Anemonie

Monday, March 8, 2010

I just came back from sunny CA, which I will share more about next month.  Before I left, I made a cake for a friend's 30th birthday.  I made a pink and brown cake to match the colors of the balloons that filled the room and adorned it with a single oversized anemonie.


 
I love using these black stamens.  Most cake stores carry them now, but I do have a friend who once couldn't find them so she individually dipped white ones in black food coloring and it turned out to be a messy disaster :)

Check out this great blog that my cousin's friend has.   Cutest Food is a blog about..well ultra cute food!  We are glad to have been part of an entry last week. Here's a glimpse of the site:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the anemonie - so bold and beautiful! Keep up the inspiring work!

SweetThingsTO said...

Gorgeous cake! Thanks for the link to cute food - truly cute!